This Middle Eastern style salad gets extra character from the speltberries and goat cheese.
Serves: Serves: 4.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup speltberries
- 1 cucumber, peeled, if not organic, and diced
- 2 scallions, sliced finely
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 handful cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Goat cheese
- Cook spelt in 4 cups of water until tender and chewy, not mushy, about 45 minutes.
- Add the cucumber, scallions, red onion, and cilantro and mix gently to combine.
- Dress with olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, and salt to taste. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
From Eat Right for Your Baby by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo with Catherine Whitney. Copyright © 2004.
To order this book visit www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.