Spinach and Bacon Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
A delicious steakhouse salad that is full of flavor and textures
Prep Time: prep 15 mins
Cooking Time: cook 10-12 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
For the dressing
- 1 / 2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp finely chopped shallot
- pinch sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 8 slices of bacon
- 8 oz (225g) baby spinach leaves
- 8oz (225g) white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, sliced
- To make the dressing, shake the cheese, oil, vinegar, mustard, shallots, and sugar in a jar until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, and shake again.
- Cook the bacon in a large frying pan over medium heat about 6 minutes, until crisp. Transfer to paper towels. Let cool. Crumble the bacon.
- Toss the spinach, mushrooms, scallions and crumbled bacon together in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss again. Serve immediately.
- prep 15 mins; cook 10-12 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!