Spinach and Mushroom Salad
This spinach and mushroom salad will be a healthy hit with your family, and they'll love the flavorful bits of bacon.
Serves: serves 4
- 8 oz (250 g) young, tender spinach leaves
- 6 oz (175 g) white mushrooms
- 4 slices streaky bacon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp vinegar
- salt and a little freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and dry the spinach leaves and arrange them in a salad bowl.
- Wipe and slice the mushrooms and add them to the bowl.
- Chop the bacon and fry it in a nonstick pan over medium heat until it is crispy.
- Remove the bacon pieces with a slotted spoon and add them to the salad.
- Put the olive oil in the pan, heat it, and add the sunflower seeds. Toss them until they are lightly browned.
- Add the vinegar, season with salt and pepper, and pour the contents of the pan over the salad.
- Toss, and serve.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!