Spinach, Pear, and Endive Salad
An ideal salad to serve alongside Asian-style duck or grilled meat
Prep Time: 10M
Serves: makes 6 servings
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 7oz ( 200g) baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 2 Belgian endive, leaves separated, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 firm, ripe pears, peeled and sliced
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- Shake the vinegar, honey, mustard, and oil in a jar until blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the spinach, endive, pears, and shallots in a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss gently.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!