Spruced-Up Spinach Salad
This spinach salad is a healthy way to deliver the cheddar cheese and bacon that your family loves!
Serves: 6 servings
- 9 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 3 thin slices sweet or red onion, separated into rings
- 3/4 cup shredded nonfat or reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 6 slices extra-lean turkey bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 2 hard boiled eggs. chopped
- 3/4 cup Tangy Tomato Dressing or bottled nonfat or reduced-fat French, honey mustard, or ranch salad dressing
- Place the spinach, mushrooms, red pepper, and onion in a large salad bowl, and toss to mix well.
- Divide the salad among 4 salad bowls. Top each serving with some of the cheese, bacon, and eggs, and a few spoonfuls of the dressing. Serve immediately.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.