Sunshine Carrot Salad
This carrot salad looks as good as it tastes, and the blend of orange juice and apple pie spice makes it smell delicious, too!
Serves: Serves: 6 (1/2 cup)
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup (2 small) cored, unpeeled, and diced Red Delicious apples
- 1 cup (one 11-ounce can) mandarin oranges, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened orange juice
- Sugar substitute to equal 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- In a medium bowl, combine carrots, apples, and mandarin oranges.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, orange juice, sugar substitute, and apple pie spice.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to carrot mixture. Mix gently to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently stir again just before serving.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.