Sunshine Carrot Salad
The pineapple, mandarin oranges, and golden raisins will really make you think of sunshine when you eat this salad.
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 cups grated carrot (about 4 medium)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, drained well
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons nonfat or light sour cream
- 1/4 cup nonfat or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Place the carrot, pineapple, mandarin oranges, and raisins in a large bowl, and toss gently to mix.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and stir to mix. Spread the dressing over the carrot mixture, and toss gently to mix well.
- Cover the salad, and chill for several hours or overnight before serving.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright © 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.