Taco salad is delicious and nutritious, and so easy to make!
Serves: 4 servings
- 8 fat-free tortillas
- 1/3 recipe chili
- 10-ounce package ready-to-eat green salad
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2.25-ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- Small jar mild taco sauce
- Fat-free sour cream, optional
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced, optional
- Using four microwave safe plates, place 2 tortillas on each plate.
- Divide the chili equally over the tortillas.
- Cover the plates with plastic wrap and microwave on high for about 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Divide the salad greens, vegetables, and olives over the warm tortillas and chili.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons of taco sauce.
- Top with sour cream and avocado if desired.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.