Thai Couscous Salad
Add some flair to your salad with couscous -- a delicious and easy timesaver.
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup water
- 2 TB. butter
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 (16-oz.) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 2 medium-size tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit, such as raisins, currants, figs, or cranberries
- 1 tsp. Thai peanut sauce (optional)
- Cook couscous per package instructions. The method will differ according to the brand, but often the method, for 1 cup couscous, is to boil water with butter and salt and then turn off the heat.
- You then pour dry couscous into water, stir, cover, and let stand for five minutes.
- After couscous is ready, add corn, pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, fruit, and peanut sauce, and mix thoroughly. Vegetables will be warmed by couscous but will still be crisp.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.