Nothing says summer like a fresh and healthy tomato salad.
Serves: serves 4
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil, chives, or parsley
- 2 tbsp green onions, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Thinly slice the tomatoes. Spread them on a long, flat white china dish.
- Clean, trim, and chop the green onions.
- Strew the chopped garlic across the tomatoes, top with the chopped green herbs and the chopped green onions, add a little freshly ground pepper and a touch of salt, and drizzle the oil over the surface.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!