Traditional Cole Slaw
Classic coleslaw is every family's favorite side dish and a mainstay during the summer months. This recipe lets you enjoy it without worrying about whether it's too high in fat or calories!
Serves: Serves: 6 (2/3 cup)
- 1 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Sugar substitute to equal 2 teaspoons sugar
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, celery seed, and sugar substitute.
- Add cabbage and carrots. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently stir again just before serving.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.