This version of the classic Waldorf salad is easy to prepare, delivers true taste and crunch, and makes a terrific side-dish all year long.
Serves: Serves: 6 (scant 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups (4 small) cored, unpeeled, and diced Red Delicious apples
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Cool Whip Free
- In a large bowl, combine apples and lemon juice. Stir in raisins, celery, and walnuts.
- Add mayonnaise and Cool Whip Free. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently stir again just before serving.
- To plump up raisins without "cooking," place in a glass measuring cup and microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.