A classic salad named after the prestigious Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York
Prep Time: 20M, plus at least 30 mins chilling
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 1lb ( 450g) crisp, red-skinned apples, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3oz ( 85g) walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Toss the diced apples and lemon juice well in a medium bowl.
- Add the celery and mayonnaise, and mix. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Stir in the walnuts. Transfer to a serving dish and serve well chilled.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!