Winter Fruit Salad
The ingredients of this winter salad include golden delicious apples, celery, red grapes, almonds, and raisins.
Serves: 8 servings
- 3 cups diced unpeeled golden Delicious apples (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds or pecans
- 1/3 cup nonfat or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup nonfat or light sour cream
- Place the apples, celery, grapes, raisins, and nuts in a large bowl, and toss to mix well.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, and stir to mix. Pour the dressing over the apple mixture, and toss to mix well.
- Cover the salad, and chill for 1 to 3 hours before serving.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright © 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.