Winter White Salad
Fennel and cabbage are in season during the winter, so this makes a healthy cold-weather side dish.
- 1 large fennel bulb
- a chunk crisp white cabbage
- 2 sticks celery
- 2-3 white radishes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
Please sign in to save recipes or create shopping lists.
Not registered? Join now!
- Clean and slice the fennel into strips, saving the feathery fronds; clean and shred the cabbage; clean and slice the celery; clean and slice the radishes.
- Arrange in the salad bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper, and pour over the salad and toss.
- Garnish with the parsley.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Solarium_Client_HttpException' with message 'Solr HTTP error: HTTP request failed' in /site/lib/ApacheSolr/Solarium/Client/Adapter/Http.php:80
#0 /site/lib/ApacheSolr/Solarium/Client/Adapter/Http.php(62): Solarium_Client_Adapter_Http->check(false, Array)
#1 /site/lib/ApacheSolr/Solarium/Client.php(574): Solarium_Client_Adapter_Http->execute(Object(Solarium_Client_Request))
#2 /site/html/famed/recipes/recipes.php(1192): Solarium_Client->executeRequest(Object(Solarium_Client_Request))
#3 /site/html/lesson-plans/lesson-69182.html(866): recipe_get_related()
thrown in /site/lib/ApacheSolr/Solarium/Client/Adapter/Http.php on line 80