Winter White Salad
Fennel and cabbage are in season during the winter, so this makes a healthy cold-weather side dish.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 large fennel bulb
- a chunk crisp white cabbage
- 2 sticks celery
- 2-3 white radishes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Clean and slice the fennel into strips, saving the feathery fronds; clean and shred the cabbage; clean and slice the celery; clean and slice the radishes.
- Arrange in the salad bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper, and pour over the salad and toss.
- Garnish with the parsley.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!