Baked Seafood Sandwich
Categories: Quick to fix
This seafood sandwich makes a wonderful lunch, or a snack for the road.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 6-ounce can water-packed tuna, drained well
- 6-ounce can crabmeat, drained well
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced canned water chestnuts
- 2 to 3 tablespoons nonfat mayonnaise
- 6 sourdough French rolls
- Combine tuna, crabmeat, celery, cheese, red onion, water chestnuts and mayonnaise in medium bowl; mix well.
- Spread tuna mixture on bottoms of rolls; replace tops.
- Wrap sandwiches in foil and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve: Preheat oven to 350F. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and sandwich is heated through.
- Fish is one of the best sources of protein, vitamin B and potassium. It's also an excellent way to include heart-friendly omega-3 fatty acids in your diet.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.