The key to making this classic sandwich is to use the very best bacon and bread
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: makes 4 sandwiches
- 12 slices bacon
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the bacon in a large frying pan over medium heat, turning once, about 6 minutes, until crisp and brown. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Lightly toast the bread on both sides.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread one side of each bread slice with the mayonnaise. Place 4 slices, mayonnaise side up, on the work surface. Top each with equal amounts of the lettuce and tomatoes and 3 bacon slices. Season with the pepper. Top each with the one of the remaining bread slices, mayonnaise-side down. Cut each sandwich in half and serve immediately.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!