Carrot-Peanut Butter Sandwiches
The combination of carrots and peanut butter may sound unusual, but it makes for a delicious and nutritious sandwich.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1/4 cup Peter Pan reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup apricot spreadable fruit spread
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 8 slices reduced-calorie whole-wheat bread
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and fruit spread. Stir in carrots.
- For each sandwich, spread about 1/4 cup filling mixture between 2 slices of bread.
- Serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.