These cheeseburgers are incredibly moist and juicy.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 16 ounces ground 90% lean turkey or beef
- 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) dried fine bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 (3/4-ounce) slices Kraft reduced-fat American cheese
- 6 reduced-calorie hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine meat, bread crumbs, parsley flakes, and mayonnaise. Mix well to combine.
- Using a 1/3-cup measuring cup as a guide, form into 6 patties.
- Evenly arrange patties in a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray. Brown patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Cut cheese slices in half diagonally. Arrange a slice of cheese on top of each patty.
- Lower heat, cover, and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Evenly arrange patties in hamburger buns.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.