Chicken Caesar Wraps
These simply flavored wraps let the chicken and lemon herb flavors shine through.
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Lemon-Herb Rub
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup bottled nonfat or reduced-fat Caesar salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons grated nonfat or regular Parmesan cheese
- 4 flour tortillas (8- to 10-inch rounds)
- Rinse the chicken with cool water, and pat it dry with paper towels. Using your fingers, rub both sides of each piece of chicken with some of the rub. If you have time, set the chicken aside for 15 to 30 minutes to allow the flavors to better penetrate the meat.
- Coat a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray, and arrange the chicken on the pan. Spray the tops of the chicken lightly with the cooking spray, and broil 6 inches under a preheated broiler, turning occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the meat is nicely browned and no longer pink inside. Alternatively, grill the chicken over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes, or until done. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board, and set aside.
- Place the lettuce and onions in a large bowl. Add the salad dressing, and toss to mix well. Add the Parmesan, and toss again. Dice the chicken, add it to the lettuce mixture, and toss to mix well.
- Heat the tortillas according to package directions. Arrange the warm tortillas on a flat surface. Place 1/4 of the lettuce mixture along the right side of each tortilla, stopping 1 1/2 inches from the bottom.
- Fold the bottom edge of each tortilla up about 1 inch. (This fold will prevent the filling from falling out.) Then, beginning at the right edge, roll each tortilla up jelly-roll style, and serve.
- In a hurry? Substitute 1 1/4 cups of diced store-bought rotisserie chicken for the grilled chicken.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.