Chicken, Corn and Chile Burritos
Cubed chicken breast, salsa, and two different kinds of corn make these burritos a treat!
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 pound low-fat cooked, cubed chicken breast cuts, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, divided
- 3/4 cup creamed corn
- 3/4 cup whole corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 6 low-fat flour tortillas
- Spray 10-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine chicken, onion, 3/4 cup salsa, creamed corn, corn kernels, chilies and 1/2 cup cheese in medium bowl; mix well.
- Spoon mixture down center of tortillas; fold both sides over and place, seam side down, in baking dish. Pour remaining salsa over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake and serve.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Remove cover and bake burritos 15 to 20 minutes, until bubbly hot and lightly browned.
- According to Mayan legend, tortillas were invented approximately 10,000 B.C.E.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.