Kids love the taste of these sandwiches, which combine pineapple with leftover chicken and a few walnuts.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 cup (5 ounces) finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, drained
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 12 slices reduced-calorie bread
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, pineapple, and walnuts. Add mayonnaise. Mix gently to combine.
- For each sandwich, spread about 1/3 cup mixture between 2 slices of bread.
- Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of cooked chicken breast from your local deli.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.