Cream Cheese and Peanut Sandwiches
This sandwich tastes so much like a treat, the kids will be tempted to gobble it down before the lunch bell rings!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) Philadelphia fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Cary's Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 8 slices reduced-calorie whole-wheat bread
- In a medium bowl, stir cream cheese with a spoon until soft. Stir in maple syrup. Add peanuts. Mix well to combine.
- For each sandwich, spread about 3 tablespoons filling mixture between 2 slices of bread.
- Serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.