Fruit 'n' Chicken Salad Stuffed Pitas
Pineapple chunks, water chestnuts, and red bell pepper add some punch to this all-American chicken salad.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 2 cups cooked low-fat chicken cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped canned water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 8-ounce can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1 cup red or green seedless grapes
- 2/3 cup nonfat ranch salad dressing
- 6 whole-wheat pita breads, cut in half
- Lettuce leaves
- Combine all ingredients except pita bread and lettuce in large bowl; mix until ingredients are blended.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Just before serving, line pitas with lettuce; add chicken salad, wrap and take for a perfect on-the-go lunch.
- Grapes contain ellagic acid, a substance that may kill certain cancer-causing compounds in the body.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.