Garlicky Turkey Burgers
A popular snack dish
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 6M
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 1lb ( 454g) ground turkey
- 1/3 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 seeded buns, toasted
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Mix the turkey, bread crumbs, onion, parsley, pepper, mustard, garlic, egg white, and salt and pepper together in a bowl until well combined. Form into 4 burgers, each about 1cm (1/2in) thick.
- Spray a large nonstick frying pan with the oil and heat over medium heat. Add the burgers and cook, turning once, about 8 minutes, until they spring back in the center when pressed.
- Place a turkey burger in each bun, top with the tomatoes and lettuce, and serve.
- Good with your favorite condiments and pickles.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!