Ham and Egg Salad Sandwiches
Here's a happy combination of two classic sandwich fillings: ham and egg salad.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 full cup (6 ounces) finely diced Dubuque 97% fat-free ham or any extra-lean ham
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/4 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 8 slices reduced-calorie bread
- Lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, ham, and onion flakes. Add mayonnaise, pickle relish, and mustard. Mix well to combine.
- For each sandwich, spread about 1/4 cup filling mixture on a slice of bread, cover with lettuce leaves, and top with another slice of bread.
- Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.