Italian Beef Sandwiches
These tangy Italian beef sandwiches take just minutes to fix, and the cheers of your family will persuade you to serve them again and again.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 3 full cups (16 ounces) thinly sliced cooked lean roast beef
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Tomato Soup
- 1/3 cup Kraft Fat Free Italian Dressing
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 reduced-calorie hamburger buns
- In a large skillet sprayed with olive oil-flavored cooking spray, sauté roast beef for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato soup, Italian dressing, and Italian seasoning.
- Add soup mixture to roast beef. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- For each serving, spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture between a hamburger bun.
- If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of lean cooked roast beef from your local deli or use Healthy Choice Deli slices.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.