Little Princess Chicken Salad Sandwiches
These cheesy chicken salad sandwiches are healthy and delicious.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 2 full cups (12 ounces) finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 3/4 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Sugar substitute to equal 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 reduced-calorie hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, Cheddar cheese, and celery. Add mayonnaise, onion flakes, parsley flakes, lemon juice, sugar substitute, and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- For each sandwich, place a lettuce leaf on bottom half of hamburger bun, spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture over lettuce and arrange top half of hamburger bun over chicken mixture.
- Serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of cooked chicken breast from your local deli.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.