These pulled pork sandwiches are made with large, fresh buns, and have a great, smoky taste.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 24 ounces lean cooked roast pork
- 1 cup Heinz Light Harvest Ketchup or any reduced-sodium ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 reduced-calorie hamburger buns
- Shred pork roast using a knife.
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, combine ketchup, water, Tabasco sauce, garlic, and parsley flakes.
- Stir in shredded pork.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally.
- For each sandwich, spoon about 2/3 cup meat filling into a hamburger bun.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.