Shrimp Cocktail-style Wraps with Avocado and Red Pepper Mayonnaise
A typical wrap gets dressed up with cocktail-style shrimp and red pepper mayonnaise.
Prep Time: 20M
Serves: Serves 4
- 3 red bell peppers: 2 coarsely chopped; 1 diced
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- pinch of paprika
- 4 × 8in flour tortillas, cut in half
- 12 cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced (toss with a little lemon juice to prevent discoloration)
- handful of crisp lettuce leaves, such as romaine, cut into thin strips
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pulse the 2 chopped peppers in a food processor until finely chopped. Process in the mayonnaise and paprika to mix well. Coarsely chop 4 of the shrimp, and stir into the mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the tortilla halves flat on a clean work surface, with the rounded edges facing you. Gently roll each tortilla into a cone shape, folding in a bit of the rounded edge on your first roll, so the filling will be enclosed.
- To fill the wraps, pack half of the lettuce into the 8 tortilla "cones." Top the lettuce with the shrimp-mayonnaise mixture, the diced avocado and bell pepper, and then the remaining lettuce.
- Garnish each wrap with 1 whole shrimp. Allow two wraps per person, and serve immediately.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!