South-of-the-Border Pork Sandwiches
Here's a fruity, spicy way to serve roast pork in a sandwich.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 2 full cups (12 ounces) finely diced lean cooked roast pork
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 1/4 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 reduced-calorie hamburger buns
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, combine pork, salsa, spreadable fruit, and parsley flakes.
- Cook over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally.
- For each sandwich, spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture into a hamburger bun.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.