Spicy Turkey-Pepper Rolls
These turkey rolls have just the right kick for the family, and are pretty enough for company!
Serves: Serves: 6
- 12 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons nonfat mayonnaise
- 3/4 pound thin low-fat deli turkey slices
- 1 1/2 cups sliced roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Separate lettuce leaves and place cup-side up on work surface.
- Combine Dijon mustard and mayonnaise in small cup; mix until completely blended.
- Spread each lettuce leaf with mayo-mustard mix; divide turkey and roasted red pepper slices among lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Roll lettuce leaves (starting at root end) and secure with a toothpick. Wrap individual ``lettuce sandwiches'' in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Red peppers contain three times the recommended daily requirement for vitamin C, which is responsible for boosting iron absorption and strengthening the immune system.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.