Tossed Salad Pita
Children can learn to love salads by eating them in a pita.
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 pita breads, cut in half
- 1 cup chopped lettuce, iceberg, romaine, spinach, or a combination
- 1/4 cup peppers, red, green, or yellow, chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup cheese, cheddar or mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup low-fat salad dressing, of your choice
- Cut pita bread in half. Set aside.
- Combine all salad ingredients in small bowl. Toss thoroughly.
- Fill each pita pocket with salad. Sprinkle with salad dressing.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.