Tuna Vegetable Pitas
Getting your family to eat their vegetables may be easier when the veggies are shredded and tucked inside a tuna sandwich!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 (6-ounce) can white tuna, packed in water, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 pita rounds, halved
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, carrots, and onion. Add mayonnaise, lemon pepper, and parsley flakes. Mix gently to combine.
- For each sandwich, spoon about 1/3 cup filling mixture into a pita half.
- Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make opening pita rounds easier, place pita halves on a paper towel and microwave on HIGH for 10 seconds. Remove and gently press open.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.