Turkey rollups are great for on-the-run snacks or a light lunch.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 2 (8-ounce) packages nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 3 whole green onions, finely chopped
- 1-ounce package dry nonfat ranch salad dressing mix
- 6 low-fat flour tortillas or soft lahvosh
- 1/2 pound low-fat turkey breast, roast beef, chicken or ham slices
- 6 whole iceberg lettuce leaves
- Combine cream cheese, green onions and ranch mix; blend ingredients until mixed.
- Divide cream cheese mixture among tortillas, spreading an even layer on each tortilla.
- Place a lettuce leaf on each tortilla and top with 3 or 4 slices turkey breast.
- Roll tortilla tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Buyers beware! For real savings, make the switch to nonfat cream cheese. Reap all the benefits without the added calories and fat--70 calories and 10 grams of fat per ounce.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.