Turkey Tortilla Wraps
Tortillas filled with thinly sliced turkey breast, tomatoes, green bell peppers, and crisp romaine lettuce -- your family will love them.
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 flour tortillas (8- to 10-inch rounds)
- 8 ounces thinly sliced roasted turkey breast or lean ham
- 8 thin slices tomato
- 8 thin rings green bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded nonfat or reduced-fat Cheddar, Swiss, or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup bottled nonfat or reduced-fat ranch or honey-mustard salad dressing
- Heat the tortillas according to package directions. Arrange the warm tortillas on a flat surface, and top each tortilla with 1/4 of the turkey or ham slices, covering the entire tortilla except for a 1-inch margin on the bottom. Top the turkey on each tortilla with 2 tomato slices, 2 green pepper rings, 1/4 cup of lettuce, and 2 tablespoons of cheese. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of dressing.
- Fold the bottom edge of each tortilla up about 1 inch. (This fold will prevent the filling from falling out.) Then, beginning at the right edge, roll each tortilla up jelly-roll style, and serve.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright © 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.