Veggie Egg Salad Pitas
This crunchy egg salad combines fresh and tangy vegetables in a creamy filling that's good-and good for you, too.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup finely shredded lettuce
- 2 pita rounds, halved
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, celery, onion, and eggs. Add mayonnaise and parsley flakes. Mix well to combine.
- For each sandwich, spoon 2 tablespoons lettuce and 1/2 cup egg mixture into a pita half.
- Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make opening pita rounds easier, place pita halves on a paper towel and microwave on HIGH for 10 seconds. Remove and gently press open.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.