Dulce de Leche
This caramelized dessert sauce originated in Argentina but is now beloved all over the world
Prep Time: prep 5 mins
Cooking Time: cook 31/4 hrs
Serves: makes 8 servings
- 3 qts ( 3 liters) whole milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Bring the milk and sugar to a boil in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Stir in the vinegar-the milk will curdle.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer 3 hours, or until the liquid has evaporated entirely and the sauce is toffee-brown. Let cool completely.
- prep 5 mins; cook 31/4 hrs
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!