Meatball and Tomato Sauce
Meatballs and tomato sauce are a classic match with good old' spaghetti or any pasta.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 lb (500 g) ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Tomato sauce
- Mix together the ground beef, garlic, fresh herbs, and salt and pepper.
- Break the egg into the mixture and mix it up with your hands.
- Form the mixture into meatballs the size of table-tennis balls.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry the meatballs gently for 7-10 minutes.
- When they are cooked through, add them to the tomato sauce, and serve with spaghetti, cooked until just tender.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!