Mozzarella and Tomato Sauce
Top this tasty blend of homemade pasta sauce and fresh mozzarella cheese with hot spaghetti for a deliciously cheesy dinner.
Serves: serves 4
- 12 oz (375 g) ripe fresh tomatoes
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- a handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- a sprig of fresh oregano
- 3 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 oz (150 g) mozzarella cheese, cubed
- A couple of hours before you plan to eat, peel and finely chop the tomatoes.
- Put tomatoes in a bowl with the olive oil, basil leaves, oregano, and grated Parmesan. Leave to macerate for 2 hours.
- Put the cubes of mozzarella into the dish in which you plan to serve the pasta.
- Cook your chosen pasta until it is al dente (just tender).
- Drain pasta well and add it to the mozzarella cubes, stirring very quickly so that the melting cheese disperses throughout the pasta.
- Add the tomato mixture, stir again, and serve.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!