Quick Tomato and Olive Sauce
This unique, healthy tomato sauce goes great with pasta or grilled fish or chicken.
Serves: serves 2
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14-oz (400-g) can tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsp black olive tapenade or ready-made
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, fry the onion until golden, then add the tomatoes. Stir and heat through for a few minutes.
- Stir in the tapenade and the sun-dried tomatoes, heat for a minute or two, and season to taste with pepper.
- This unusual tomato sauce goes beautifully with pasta, or you can serve it with grilled fish or chicken. Black olive tapenade and sun-dried tomatoes can be bought from many large supermarkets. They impart a rich texture and flavor to an otherwise simple sauce.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!