This strong-flavored green sauce is packed with herbs and very versatile
Prep Time: prep 15 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 6 scallions, white and green parts, minced
- 3 tbsp bottled capers, rinsed and chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil, rinsed and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 / 2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the scallions, capers, anchovies, and garlic in a bowl. Stir in the parsley, basil, and mint.
- Using a fork, stir in the mustard, then the vinegar. Gradually stir in the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Let stand for an hour or so to blend the flavors. Serve at room temperature.
- prep 15 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!