A classic piquant sauce to serve with fish, prepared any way you like
Prep Time: prep 10 mins, plus standing
Serves: makes 11/2 cups
- 1 1 / 4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 6 cornichons, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the mayonnaise, capers, cornichons, shallot, parsley, tarragon, and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and let stand at least 20 minutes before serving, to allow the flavors to develop. Serve at room temperature.
- prep 10 mins, plus standing
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!