Baked Maple-Glazed Carrots
Type: Side Dishes
Maple syrup is a superb way to bring a special sweetness to hearty carrots.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 4 1/2 cups frozen cut carrots, thawed
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Cary's Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Evenly arrange carrots in prepared baking dish.
- Stir in walnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup and margarine. Stir in onion flakes and parsley flakes.
- Drizzle syrup mixture evenly over carrots.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for 10 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 6 servings.
- Thaw carrots by placing in a colander and rinsing under hot water for one minute.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.