Basic Brown Rice
Learn the trick to cooking healthy brown rice to perfection.
Serves: serves 4
- 8 oz (250 g) brown rice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C).
- Wash the rice in a sieve, letting cold water run through for a couple of minutes and shaking it.
- Drain, put in a heavy Dutch oven, and add enough boiling water to come to the depth of a thumbnail above the surface of the rice.
- Add half a teaspoon of sea salt, cover tightly, and put in the oven.
- Cook for about 40 minutes.
- If the rice is still wet, turn the oven off, remove the lid, and return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!