Bow-Tie Chicken 'n' Bean Pasta Salad
Every child loves bow-tie pasta and chicken. This is a healthy and satisfying dish.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 6 oounces bow-tie pasta
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast cuts
- 14-ounce can of (1 1/2 cups) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 3/4 cup nonfat Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well and place in large bowl.
- While pasta is still warm, add remaining ingredients and toss until mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) now requires that enriched grain products such as pasta contain added folic acid, which may protect against heart disease.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.