Kids love cornbread. Why not make it more nutritious and add some broccoli?
Serves: 16 servings
- 10-ounce package frozen, chopped broccoli
- 1 box Jiffy® cornbread mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook broccoli in microwave oven according to package directions. Drain.
- Combine broccoli with remaining ingredients.
- Pour into 13" x 9" baking dish sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.