Cabbage with Onion and Bacon
Try this quick and savory cabbage dish on St. Patrick's Day or with any meat-and-potato supper.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 medium-sized cabbage
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, coarsely chopped
- 3-4 slices streaky bacon, cut in pieces
- salt and pepper
- Wash and shred the cabbage, but don't dry it.
- Heat the oil in a big saucepan over medium heat, and gently fry the onion and bacon together until the onion is just changing color and the bacon is nearly crisp.
- Add the cabbage, salt and pepper, and stir.
- Put the lid on, turn down the heat, and simmer.
- Shake the pan, and stir the contents a couple of times, until the cabbage is cooked al dente (just tender).
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!