Caramelized carrots are sweet, tasty, and make a great side dish.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 25M
Serves: Serves 4
- 21/2lb (1.1kg) carrots, scrubbed or peeled, trimmed, and cut first lengthwise and then in half, to make chunky sticks
- 4 tbsp butter
- sprinkling of demerara (raw) or brown sugar
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the carrots in a pot of water and boil for 5-10 minutes or until barely tender, then drain well.
- Return to the pan with the butter, sugar, and parsley, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the carrots start to brown at the edges. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!