Carrot Stuffing Casserole
This delectable carrot casserole delivers lots of cheese flavor and mouth satisfaction, not to mention loads of vitamin A!
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Celery Soup
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 4 cups (two 16-ounce cans sliced carrots, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (3 ounces) unseasoned dry bread cubes
- Full 1/2 cup (2 1/4 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine celery soup and skim milk. Stir in parsley and onion flakes. Add carrots and bread cubes. Mix gently to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Evenly sprinkle Cheddar cheese over top.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes.
- Pepperidge Farm bread cubes work great.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.